Terms and Conditions of Use of National Westminster Bank plc's Internet Web Site
This web site is owned and maintained by National Westminster Bank plc. The use of this web site is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully. By using this web site you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this web site.
Use of web site
- The information, services and products on this web site are intended for use by residents of the UK only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
- This web site is designed to be accessed through its principal product home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to a full understanding of our products and services. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Important Information" or "Legal Information". This Important/Legal Information will contain important product details and relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
Exclusion of liability
- These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
- While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- We accept no liability (including without limitation) in either contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, incidental, consequential loss or damage,
- Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
- To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of the National Westminster Bank Plc) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
- The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
- By agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions, you are consenting to us collecting and storing certain personal data about you. This data will be used to provide the service applied for and may be stored by The Royal Bank of Scotland Group to keep you informed of products and services which may be of interest to you. This data will not be used other than in the normal course of our business. If you do not wish to receive such information, all you need to do is write to let us know. If you wish to receive details of personal data held about you by us, you may write to request this - there is a fee for this service. To assist your navigation of this web site and our prevention of fraud we may send "cookies" from this web site to your computer. We do not obtain personal data from your computer or gather personal information about you unless you personally give information to our server. Furthermore computer viruses are not passed through the use of "cookies". You may choose to disallow "cookies" via your browser but this web site may not work properly as a result.
- National Westminster Bank plc. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this web site without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
- This web site contains numerous trade marks belonging to National Westminster Bank plc and other companies in The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. The registered trade marks include, but are not limited to, The National Westminster Bank logo, The National Westminster Bank, NatWest. The unregistered trade marks include graphics, logos, words, phrases and icons contained on this web site, including, but not limited to, NatWest Black Card, Black Card, NatWest Black Card Personal Assistant Service, NatWest Black Card Fine Wine Service, NatWest Black Card Travel & Leisure Service, NatWest Black Card Offers and Opportunities and NatWest Black Card Rewards.
No rights are granted in respect of any of the above trade marks. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of National Westminster Bank plc or a member of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, please contact us for clarification at the address below.
- The contents of this web site do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this web site shall be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way.
- National Westminster Bank Plc, Registered in England No 929027. Registered Office: 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
- National Westminster Bank plc is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme established under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. In respect of deposits with a UK office, payments under the Scheme are limited to 100% of the first £2,000 of a depositor's total deposits with the bank and 90% of the next £33,000, resulting in a maximum payment of £31,700. Most depositors, including individuals and small firms, are covered. Deposits denominated in all currencies are treated alike. Further details of the Scheme are available on request.
- NatWest subscribes to The Lending Code. The Code can be found at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/
- If you are not satisfied with any of National Westminster Bank's products or services we have a complaint handling procedure that you can use to resolve such matters. A leaflet giving details of the procedure can be obtained from any of our branches or by telephoning the Bank.
- The Bank is a member of The Financial Ombudsman Service. If you are still not satisfied after following the Bank's procedures, you can ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint.
- You can find out more about The Financial Ombudsman Service in a leaflet available from any branch or by telephoning the Bank. Alternatively you can write to: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR or telephone 0845 080 1800.
- The terms and conditions of use of this web site are governed by the laws of England and any dispute regarding this web site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Changes to web site
- The contents of this web site, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification.
- We may record telephone calls for security or training purposes.
- In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes checks for, but not limited to; viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content which is unauthorised as being in breach of the Group Dignity at Work and Information Security policies.
- National Westminster Bank plc. Registered office: 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR, registered number 929027, England.
Call us on
0845 602 5225Minicom
0870 154 1192
Lines are open: Mon to Sun 24 hours
Calls may be recorded